Sunday, November 28, 2010

Space 519


When shopping in all the craziness that continues in the days following black friday, one of my favorite stores in Chicago became a breathe of fresh air, free from crowds and full of friendly faces. Space 519, located on the fifth floor in the 900 Shops on Michigan Ave, is a modern general store that became a favorite the first time I stepped inside. It offers a small, but carefully chosen collection of men's and women's clothing, one-of-a-kind jewelry from a variety of artists, accessories, unique home decor, apothecary products, books, music, and magazines.

Store owners Lance Lawson and Jim Wetzel (previous owners of Jake on Rush St.) have taken "general store" to an entirely new level. Space 519 rotates collections of must-haves and unique pieces that are difficult to find anywhere else. Their large selection of j park clothing is one of my favorites to shop each time I visit. The brand consists of very simple styles, but always has essential, extremely versatile pieces. Space 519 has helped to put this brand on the map.
Currently the store is featuring a collection of unique vintage jewelry pieces. The artist's pieces are a favorite of America Ferrera and have been seen on her at the Emmys. My favorite is a statement necklace with gorgeous peacock feathers (I cannot get enough feathers). The "wish bracelets" are an excellent gift idea, as well.
I also picked up some travel books for my trip to London next year. They have an excellent selection that always has the best in shopping, eating, and sleeping. I chose the StyleCity guides for Europe, London, and Paris. I think I may go back for the Paris Vintage Couture shopping guide, one I would follow page by page. As always, they have a good selection of international fashion mags, too.
Space 519 is a guaranteed unique experience and a great place to pick up perfect gifts for the holiday season! (They also wrap them for you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment