Sunday, November 14, 2010

One of My Favorites

Over the years of reading Vogue, Elle, Harper's, etc... I have often come across a simply beautiful lady with elegant features, long blonde hair and long limbs to match. She is usually pictured attending fashion events and parties around the globe, dressed fantastically of course. She is the lovely Dree Hemingway, the great-grand daughter of Ernest Hemingway (author of one of my favorite books The Sun Also Rises). She currently works as a model often in editorial, but I have always taken more notice to her and her style when she is herself, not styled for a photo shoot. She has been one of my personal fashion icons since I first saw her in pictures.

Next month she will be featured in Vogue Italia, shot by Richard Burbridge. Although I cannot read or speak Italian, I am very tempted to hunt it down. This picture of her is a wonderful peek of what's to come.


The winning caption is: "It's nearly impossible to be a wallflower whilst wearing a silver lobster on one's forehead, but that certainly didn't stop Dree from trying." —Sasha Stumacher Kellner 



No comments:

Post a Comment