Wednesday, October 13, 2010

McQueen Me, Please!

For my birthday this year, I received a very special gift: the new book of Alexander McQueen's masterpieces. Alexander McQueen: Genius of a Generation is perfectly fitting for the designer who created complete scenes with one piece looks. Looking at his creations are like looking at a scene in a film, atmospheric at every turn.



The book includes many looks from his magnificent portfolio, and many of which I had never seen. Of course, my favorite look was included: the whimsical chic of a fairytale land.

Get the book!


This past February, I was in L.A. the night that Lee McQueen pasted away. The city felt erie and deserted on Valentine's Day morning. It was as if the city, the world stood still. That day felt extremely strange. The night that Mr. McQueen passed has become extremely significant in my life. This was the last night that I spent with one of my best friends before she passed eleven days later. Surprisingly, many of you know of her. My aunt, Dawnie B, was the killer whale trainer killed at SeaWorld last February. She had met my mom and I for a girls' weekend in L.A. We were a very special trio of friends, my favorite trio.

Alexander McQueen's death hit me very hard, even that day. He was someone who seemed to have everything I could ever dream of. I also felt this way about Dawn. Both of them have been important inspirations in my life in different ways. Both remind me to do what I love, and love what I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment