Saturday, October 23, 2010

Anthropologie's New Location!

Yesterday, Chicago's Anthropologie store on State St. moved down the street to Chicago Ave, in between Michigan Ave and Rush St. It is one of my favorite spots in the loop, right next to Ralph Lauren and the RL Grill, and across from the Water Tower Plaza.

111 East Chicago Ave.

Today I went in and I think that it is now my favorite Anthropologie store! It has a small space on the ground floor and is gigantic downstairs!!! It is not the towering three levels that the American Girl Place occupied, but I personally think the two-level basement layout is awesome! It's as if the store goes on forever downstairs. It holds so many clothes, home decor, and is complete with an accessories lounge. This location also sells shoes in-store! The sale room is the largest I've seen, though it was a little difficult to get around in the crazy traffic. Being the second day opening, the busy traffic is understandable.

My first walk through, I took inventory of the things I liked and where everything was located, every room and every corner. The second walk back upstairs I choose my favorites and took them to a mirror in the back of the store (less crowded), because there was no way I was going to wait in the at least 15 person dressing room line. I also noticed that they were featuring Anna Sui dresses and Sonia Rykiel tops! I believe that they are celebrating Anna Sui's 30th Anniversary. This is the Anthro store to check out!

Here are some of my favorite pieces from today:

First Whisperings Dress $138
-love the hippy style, it would be so cute with rustic boots

Anna Sui Feature: Black Walnut Dress $498
-so gorgeous

Zoetrope Cardigan $238 
-a little too pricey for a cardigan, but I love it and am waiting for the sale!

Wildest Dreams Top $98
-I can't get enough leopard, especially in these colors

Stippled Canvas Top $98
-this does not fit my personal style, but it's so pretty I would make it work

Tyndall Coat $248
-I've been thinking about this coat since I first saw it, I love fur (faux fur)

June, July, August Dress $69.95 (was $148)
-great, slimming pattern

Icing Age Jacket $79.95 (was $148)
-fur, fur, fur! and a great fit!

Crinkled Mini Bag $118
-super soft and great for evening




I can't wait to go back when it's less crazy, and I can really look around!

No comments:

Post a Comment