Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fleas All Around

1509 N. Milwaukee Ave.


Yesterday I had the pleasure of experiencing the wonders of the Eskell and Dovetail Backyard Flea Market. One of the best fleas in Wicker Park, it is literally out the back door of the adorable Eskell boutique. Apart from my good finds in Eskell, I was able to find something that has been on my shopping list for awhile: denim skirt overalls!!! Who knew?

In this little gravel space they have great treasures, from old records (Carly Simon's Hotcakes record was tempting) to vintage Ray-Bans and pendant necklaces. If I had a bigger place, the birdcage would have gone home with me... The market is humble in size and merchandise, with carefully selected pieces, aka not piles of old junk. Today is the last day it is open for this month! If you can make it to Wicker Park, I highly recommend it.





Other Chicago flea markets coming up:

Dose Market, August 14th
The River East Art Center
435 E. Illinois St.

The Vintage Bazaar, September 18th
Congress Theater
2135 N. Milwaukee Ave.




No comments:

Post a Comment